Saturday, October 8, 2011

This is my space for my projects.

This is a bookcase I found and fixed up.


She was pretty beat up when I got her. She had an ugly plywood backing and the shelves were in good condition but not a sealed finish. I removed the backing. Originally I intended to paint her up and put beadboard on the back, but when I got her home I realized the honey wood matched my kitchen perfectly. So I decided not to paint her. Instead I filled in some of the scratch marks with colored pencil. This worked because the finish is not a laquer type finish. Then I covered her shelves in some pretty fabric I found on sale (40% off!) and added some baskets. These aren't the final baskets- I need to take another pic.
Here's a closer look at one of the shelves. I put my cute bowls out where they can be seen and easily reached.
I got to work on a magnetic dry erase board for my kitchen. I don't want magnets on my new stainless steel fridge! (I have enough trouble keeping boys' fingerprints and dog tongue prints off of it!) I found this frame on clearance at Michael's. I might swipe it with a little turquoise paint.
Here's the completed magnetic board minus any extra paint:-).
I also covered my light switch to match and painted the little screws!

Somehow this picture got out of sequence, but here is a close up of the lovely fabric

Next I got to work on a magnetic dry erase board that will hang in my kitchen since I don't want magenets on my stainless steel fridge!




No comments:

Post a Comment